Tues, May 11, 2010 at the Capitol Club at Union Station, Washington, D.C. The Federal Railroad Administration is now developing a long-range
national plan for passenger and freight rail. This panel discussion brought together key U.S. stakeholders and a leading
rail advocate to discuss the components of the plan.
Download presentations and audio from the event after the jump.
Forging a National Rail Plan Panel
The Panel discussion was moderated by Armando Carbonell, Chairman of the Department of Planning and Urban Form at the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy and included:
- Petra Todorovich, Director of America 2050
- Karen Rae, Deputy Administrator, Federal Railroad Administration
- Julie Mills, Director of Greengauge 21, to talk about the UK's HS2 plan
- Stephen Gardner, Vice President of Policy and Development, Amtrak
- Frank Busalacchi, Secretary, Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- Bruno Maestri, Vice President Government Relations, Norfolk Southern
Download the Audio
The panel was a joint project of Regional Plan Association and Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, with additional funding support from the Rockefeller Foundation.